12/18/2012 5:00:00 PM Miss Blythe Outstanding Teen Pageant seeks applicants
Special to the Times
BLYTHE - The Annual Miss Blythe Outstanding Teen Pageant is scheduled for Feb. 23 and the Miss Blythe Committee is searching for a new Miss Blythe Outstanding Teen.
Applications are now available at the Blythe Area Chamber of Commerce. Outgoing Miss Blythe Outstanding Teen, Cristina Bequer, will crown the new 2013 winner.
The Miss Blythe Outstanding Teen Pageant is an official preliminary to the Miss California Outstanding Teen Pageant, which is the official preliminary to the Miss America's Outstanding Teen Pageant held in Florida. All of these programs provide scholarship opportunities for the contestants. The winner of Miss Blythe Outstanding Teen will compete for the title of Miss California Outstanding Teen this summer in Fresno.
There are five categories of competition.
1. Personal Interview. Overall communication skills and personal presentation.
2. Talent. Past pageants have included vocal, dance, gymnastics, instrumental music, dramatic and comedic monologues. Must be two minutes in duration.
3. Evening Wear. This is a formal gown chosen by the contestant in which she will be judged on poise and stage presence.
4. Sportswear. This is presentation of the young lady in sportswear, exhibiting her poise and on-stage presence in addition to her physical fitness. No swimwear will be permitted.
5. On-Stage Question. The participants are allowed to display a casual outfit of their choice while also demonstrating their ability to answer a question related to current events spontaneously while on stage.
The pageant is open to qualified ladies who meet the following eligibility requirements:
Must be 13 years of age by June 20, 2013
No older than 17 by Aug. 30, 2013
Female, never been married or pregnant.
United States Citizen.
May never have been convicted of any crime.
Registered as a full time student within the Palo Verde Valley, State of California
Must have a 2.0 GPA.
Further pageant rules will are listed in the packet and state contract.
Applications will be available at the Blythe Area Chamber of Commerce starting on Dec. 19. The deadline for entry into the Pageant is Jan. 9, 2013. A mandatory contestant and parent orientation is scheduled for Jan. 9, time and location to be determined.
Interested candidates must also start preparing their talent presentation now. It must be two minutes in duration and should be ready prior to the first rehearsal.
For further information or questions, call Pageant Director Valerie Copple at 922-6326, or the Blythe Area Chamber of Commerce at 922-8166.
More information regarding Miss California's Outstanding Teen Program can also be obtained by visiting misscalifornia.org and clicking on teen program.